Our purpose is to locally administer the provisions of the Town’s Wetland Protection By-laws and the Massachusetts Wetland Protection and River Protection Acts. Some of the functions of the Conservation Commission are as follows:
- Planning: Helping to foster land use patterns protective of natural resources through the Open Space and Recreations Plans.
- Preservation & Stewardship: Management of conservation lands owned by the Town of Hampden for a variety of benefits and to provide appropriate recreational uses tied to the nature of the particular conservation area.
- Regulation: Relating to the use of conservation lands and the protection of wetlands and floodplains under the Wetlands Protection Act and Town of Hampden Wetland Bylaws.
- Recreation: Encourage passive use of open space.
- Education: Encouraging a conservation ethic in the Town of Hampden. Cooperation. Work with various groups in the interest of natural resource protection.
|Judy McKinley Brewer||Commissioner|