Hampden Memorial Park's Spray Park was opened in June of 2007. The Spray Park is enjoyed by hundreds of Hampden residents and guests each summer.
The Spray Park was built in memory of Devon Rauscher, who died in a tragic auto accident in 2004. She was just 9 years old when she left us. Visitors to the park will note many engraved bricks in the walkways that are dedicated to family and friends.
The Spray Park is open from 9am to 8pm during the summer months and is free of charge to use.
Welcome to the Hampden Memorial Spray Park
Open mid-May through early-September
Spray Park Summer Hours
Monday - Friday: 2:30 pm - 8:00 pm (during camp sessions)
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Spray Park Operation – The red pole is a sensor. Walk in front of it and the pumps will start. The water will come on within 20 seconds. The water will shut off after 10 minutes if the sensor isn’t activated. Walk in front of the red pole to start it up again.
- NO food or liquids are to be brought out to the cement spray park pad.
- NO gum, glass, breakable objects, tobacco, soaps, cleaning agents or chemicals of any kind, or any materials that could inhibit the operation of the spray park are permitted on the spray park cement pad.
- NO small toys or items that can interfere with the operation of the filtration system are permitted in the spray park.
- NO pets are allowed in the spray park fenced in area.
- NO bicycles, skateboards or roller blades allowed on the spray park cement pad.
- NO alcohol is allowed in Memorial Park.
- PLEASE PUT ALL TRASH IN THE TRASH BARRELS.
Safety, Health & Sanitation
Please be courteous and respectful to others
- No full-time attendant will be on duty.PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- EMERGENCY – CALL 911 You are at Memorial Park, 495 Main Street, Hampden, MA
- A responsible adult must always be in attendance with children under 10 years of age.
- Use of spray park is prohibited outside posted hours.
- Surfaces may be HOT – Appropriate rubber soled footwear is recommended.
- Please leave the spray park when conditions for thunder or lightning are possible.
- Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the area.
- Running, climbing, or rough play is not permitted on the spray park or in restrooms.
- Offensive or unsanitary behavior is prohibited. Spitting, spouting water, or blowing the nose in the spray area is prohibited.
- Individuals with diarrhea or any contagious or communicable disease shall not use the spray park. Be aware that open cuts, blisters, or wounds may become infected.
- Spray features use re-circulated chlorinated water, do not drink the water!
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper covered by rubber pants.
- NO DISPOSABLE DIAPERS
The Parks & Recreation Commission has the authority to enforce these rules or apply rules that are more stringent when conditions warrant.
The Spray Park may be closed until further notice if the surface or any part of the facility is damaged or undergoing maintenance.
To Report misuse or malfunction of Spray Park call the Parks & Recreation Office at (413) 566-2151 (ext.108)
Hampden Parks & Recreation Dept.
Per Order of Hampden Board of Health